As you face the criminal justice system, you need a legal team that can capably handle any charges that are being brought against you. At the Orr Law Firm, our Denver criminal defense attorney understands how difficult it is to navigate criminal charges, especially if you have not run into trouble with the law before.
Our criminal defense lawyers in Denver, CO can thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your charges and guide you through your legal options. Our goal is to help you make informed decisions about your future and fight to ensure that your rights are upheld throughout case proceedings.
Over the years, we have established an impressive track record of success and are dedicated to providing you with top-rated legal service. Don't navigate your charges alone or with an attorney who is not truly invested in the outcome of your case. Trust your defense to Orr Law Firm today.
Expertly Handling a Variety of Criminal Charges in Denver, CO
The Denver criminal defense attorneys at Orr Law Firm has had years of experience defending clients from various charges. We have established a track record of success and our attorneys are recognized for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. Don’t be taken advantage of by the justice system! Instead, let our skilled Denver criminal defense attorney team fight on your behalf.
Charged with one of the following? Learn more about your charges on the pages below:
- DUI: If you have been charged with driving under the influence, we can help. From license suspension to hefty fines, to incarceration and its long-term consequences, the penalties are often severe. These cases unfold quickly, so don’t wait to reach out to a defense attorney!
- Drug Crimes: Whether you have been charged for a marijuana-related crime, illicit drug use, drug manufacturing, or drug trafficking, we will work to have your charges reduced or dropped altogether. The penalties for these crimes can be far more severe than warranted, so don’t leave your case up to chance.
- Felony Defense: Have you been charged with a felony? These crimes range from theft crimes to white-collar crimes, to vehicular homicide, and more. In Colorado, state prosecutors and judges are known for their ferocity in going after these cases. Make sure you have a skilled lawyer, like ours at Orr Law Firm, on your side!
- Gun Crimes: We are skilled in defending clients against criminal charges for the unlawful possession of firearms or the criminal disposal, sale, or purchase of firearms. Our team also takes on conceal carry cases. If convicted, you could be hit with serious penalties for any of these charges.
- Theft Crimes: The severity of theft charges is related to the value of the goods allegedly stolen, as well as whether firearms were used or bodily harm took place. We defend against misdemeanor infractions all the way up to felony charges!
- Traffic Offenses: This area of criminal law is expansive and covers everything from failing to file an accident report and habitual traffic offenses to driving under restraint (DUR) and DUI, to driving despite having your license suspended or revoked. Hit-and-run charges for leaving the scene of an accident that caused serious or fatal injury are also considered traffic offenses.
- Violent Crimes: These criminal charges are some of the most severe out there, and the penalties reflect that. If you have been charged with assault, battery, arson, manslaughter, attempted murder, or homicide, don’t wait to consult a criminal defense attorney.
- White-Collar Crimes: Bribery, extortion, fraud, insider trading, and blackmail are considered white-collar crimes. Law enforcement and state prosecutors have started to crack down on these crimes in recent years, which is why it’s so crucial to have an advocate on your side.
What Does a Criminal Defense Lawyer Do?
Your criminal defense attorney will handle many different aspects of your case, from beginning to end. Some of the most common tasks that you can expect your attorney to perform include:
Being present during any police interrogations or interviews
Digging into the evidence that is being used against you and sometimes requesting additional testing or analysis
Keeping you apprised of what’s going on in your case and ensuring that you are kept up-to-date on the legal process and what to expect
Participating in the jury selection process and ensuring that the jury is comprised of unbiased peers who will give you a fair trial
Helping you understand any plea bargains or agreements being offered and helping you determine what is in your best interest
Representing you in court during the trial and ensuring that your side of the story is told
Fighting for reduced sentencing in the event that you are convicted
By putting a skilled legal professional on your side, you increase the chances of your case ending favorably and ensuring that your rights are protected throughout the entire process.
Our Denver criminal defense attorney is prepared to fight for you from start to finish.
Be Confident in Your Choice. Fight with Top-Rated Attorneys.
Finding the right attorney can be difficult. With Orr Law Firm, you can trust that our attorneys come highly-rated and respected. We have dedicated our lives to protecting others and defending their rights. Several of our Denver criminal defense attorneys have even been selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers list.
These honors do not come without countless hours of hard work to back them up. Whether you are fighting DUI charges or navigating a white collar crimes charge, you can trust that our firm has the knowledge and resources to pursue the best possible outcome on your behalf. For client convenience, financing options are available.
Effective Criminal Defense Strategies
Defending against criminal charges can be very difficult. The cards are stacked against the accused, as police departments and prosecutors have incredible resources at their disposal and incentives — including increased funding — to arrest and convict people of various charges within their communities. As a result, cases are often complex and require thorough investigations from Denver criminal defense lawyers dedicated to protecting defendants' constitutional rights.
Building a Strong Criminal Defense
When you are accused of a crime, it can be a frightening and stressful experience. A lot is on the line, from your rights to your freedom, which is why it is crucial to build the strongest defense strategy possible. No matter what charges you are facing, you need to take the necessary steps that will protect you against the possibility of a prison sentence.
#1: Learn About Your Rights
The first step you take should be to become as informed as possible about your rights. One of the most important rights that you have is the right to remain silent. Under the Fifth Amendment, you are protected against self-incrimination. Exercise this right if you are contacted by law enforcement or prosecutors who want to interview you. Wait until court where you will be able to explain your side of the story before a judge and jury.
#2: Do Not Plead Guilty
Many people choose to plead guilty without first trying to build a defense strategy that will protect their freedom. Don’t make this mistake! Being charged with a crime does not mean that you will be automatically be convicted. Assert your right to remain silent and remember that pleading guilty will limit your legal options and can possibly result in penalties that could have been avoided.
#3: Learn About the Charges
It is important to understand the exact details of the charges you are facing. Find out if you are facing a misdemeanor or a felony, as well as the consequences if you are convicted. The more you know about the charges, the easier it will be to craft a defense strategy.
#4: Determine Your Options
Each criminal case is unique, which means pursuing a resolution varies from case to case. From reduced charges to alternative sentencing, there are a variety of options that you should explore.
#5: Hire A Denver Criminal Lawyer
When it comes to protecting your rights and freedom, your best option is to hire a skilled legal professional who has experience with cases similar to yours. Lawyers have insight into the criminal justice system that the average person lacks. If you want to secure a positive outcome, you should consult with a criminal defense lawyer to discuss the best way to approach your case.