Preventing Being Charged with DUI in Colorado
Key advice for avoiding DUI charges in the first place
Working with clients, one of the most common questions our attorneys hear is how can someone prevent charges for driving under the influence (DUI)? There’s really only one good answer to this question: don’t drink and drive.
At The Orr Law Firm, we understand that sometimes situations arise or mistakes are made that have regrettable results. Further, we are dedicated to truly comprehensive guidance, going beyond providing solely legal advice to help you with the issues that led to your DUI charge in the first place. In fact, the Valley Hope Association has recognized Attorney Rhidian Orr for his commitment to assisting individuals with substance abuse problems. When you need a knowledgeable, experienced and caring DUI defense lawyer in Denver, you can place your trust in our firm.
Helpful information about DUI prevention
- If you are arrested for DUI in Colorado, the following pages provide some beneficial information that will help you understand the charges against you and your best legal options moving forward:
- DUI court: The lawyers at The Orr Law Firm represent clients facing charges in county DUI courts across Colorado. Learn more about our service area and how we can help you.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Centers: If you need help with a substance abuse problem, there are numerous treatment centers and resources available that offer the support you need as you work toward recovery.
- Level II Alcohol Education and Therapy: In most cases, courts may require those convicted of DUI or DWAI to undergo substance treatment in the form of level II alcohol education and therapy. You may also choose to engage in these programs on your own or as a result of the Colorado DMV requiring these classes as a mandatory term of driver's license reinstatement.
- BAC Calculators: One way to prevent yourself from drunk driving is to keep track of how many drinks you’ve had and use a BAC calculator to estimate your level of intoxication. We have provided an easy-to-use calculator on our website for your convenience.
- MADD Victim Impact Panels (MADD VIP): As part of a sentence for DUI, a judge may require you to undergo a victim impact panel organized through Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). These efforts aim to help individuals better understand the risks of driving while intoxicated.
- 10 things you need to know: Our goal is to provide comprehensive information and guidance related to DUI. We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 things you need to know about drunk driving in Colorado.
- How to deal with a DUI stop: If you’ve been pulled over for suspected drunk driving in Colorado, you might not know how to act, or what to do next. This page offers advice on how you can deal with a DUI stop.
Above all, it’s important to know that it’s okay to admit you need help. If, in addition to sound legal guidance, you need assistance finding resources to help you into recovery, our compassionate attorneys are happy to provide that support in any way possible.
Consult a respected Colorado DUI Defense Law Firm
The skilled attorneys at The Orr Law Firm are here to provide reliable legal assistance on the full range of traffic or drunk driving-related legal matters. To schedule a free initial consultation, call (303) 818-2448 or contact us online. We represent clients facing DUI charges throughout Colorado, including in Denver and the surrounding communities.