DUI Frequently Asked Questions & Statistics
answers from trusted Denver DUI attorneys
If you've been arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) in Colorado, you likely have many questions about your rights and the next steps in the criminal justice process. The knowledgeable attorneys at The Orr Law Firm are here to help by answering your questions and providing the context and guidance you need when your driving privileges and even your freedom are on the line. Experienced, with a proven track record of success, our lawyers work diligently to defend you in criminal and administrative hearings, including license suspension proceedings. We focus on DUI and serious criminal traffic cases, so you can be confident that our knowledge and strategies will prove effective in your defense.
Browse our FAQs
In response to numerous questions from clients past and present, we are pleased to provide an excellent basis of information.
- Read through the sections below to learn more about DUI issues in Denver and throughout the rest of Colorado:
- Colorado DUI statistics: According to recent studies, about one-third of those arrested for DUI in our state are repeat offenders. This page offers more in-depth Colorado DUI statistics and facts, including information that could benefit you in your case.
- Colorado DUI convictions and Canadian travel: A DUI or similar offense on your record could prevent you from being able to travel to Canada, as it makes you an “inadmissible person” under the law. Learn more about this potentially damaging restriction on your rights.
- Early removal of interlock device: First-time offenders may be able to have ignition interlock devices (IIDs) removed from their vehicles early, as long as they meet certain requirements. A knowledgeable attorney can help you request an early removal so that you can avoid the embarrassment and stigma associated with these devices.
- Drunk driving FAQs: You may also have questions about drunk driving in general, including prevention, substance abuse issues and what constitutes driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while ability impaired (DWAI) in Colorado. Our drunk driving FAQ page answers these questions, as well.
Consult an experienced DUI defense lawyer today
If you have further questions or are facing DUI charges in Denver or elsewhere in Colorado, set up a free initial consultation with a seasoned DUI attorney from The Orr Law Firm.
Call us today at (720) 619-2676 or contact us online.