Rhidian D.W. Orr
Senior Partner, Owner, and Skilled Denver DUI Lawyer
Rhidian Orr is the owner of The Orr Law Firm. He received his J.D. from the University of Denver College of Law in 2000, His MBA in 2002 and his B.A. from the University of Denver in 1994. He is a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College and Terry MacCarthy’s Cross Examination training. He has been recognized as a “Super Lawyers Rising Star” in 2011 and 2012 and a Super Lawyer in 2014 and 2015.
Mr. Orr has dedicated his entire practice to DUI and criminal traffic defense and thus is trained as a practitioner and an instructor in standardized field sobriety tests (SFSTs) in accordance with standards set forth by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). He is also trained in the operation of the Intoxilyzer 9000, has trained extensively in Gas Chromatography and is also Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) Overview certified.
Awarded & Accomplished In 2014, Mr. Orr was given the distinguished honor of being AV Preeminent® Rated which is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. The AV Preeminent® Rating is the pinnacle of professional excellence earned through a strenuous Peer Review Rating process that is managed and monitored by the world’s most trusted legal resource, Martindale-Hubbell®.
He is a lifetime member of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College and NORML. Rhidian is a former Colorado state delegate (2013-2014) and a Sustaining Member for the National College for DUI Defense.
Mr. Orr is also a Faculty Member for the National College for DUI Defense and Trial Skills University. Adding to his resume, Mr. Orr is now a Charter Member and former Board Member for the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and was named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer in 2014.
Mr. Orr has also coauthored and published the Colorado DUI Survival Guide (2013) and authored a chapter in the Inside the Minds: Navigating DUI Drug Cases (2012). Along with his recent professional publications, Mr. Orr is regularly invited to be a guest lecturer at CLE's and DUI Defense Seminars across the country and at the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law and the University of Colorado College Of Law on DUI defense strategies and techniques.
To learn more about how our dedicated Denver DUI attorney can help you after an arrest, call The Orr Law Firm at (720) 619-2676 for your free initial phone consultation.
Areas of Practice:
- Vehicular Assault
- Vehicular Homicide
- Vehicular Eluding
- Careless Driving Causing Bodily Injury and/or Death
- Criminal Traffic Offenses
- Habitual Traffic Offender Cases
- DMV Administrative Hearings
- Minor in Possession/Consumption
- Texting while Driving
- Colorado, 2002 Minnesota, 2003
- University of Denver College of Law; Denver, CO 2000 J.D.
- University of Denver, Daniels College of Business; Denver, CO 2002 M.B.A.
- University of Denver; Denver, CO 1994 B.A.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rating
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association - Charter Member & Board Member
- National College for DUI Defense - Sustaining Member, Faculty Member & 2013-14 Colorado State Delegate
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar – Lifetime Member
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Lifetime Member
- Better Business Bureau
- Tom Martino's Troubleshooter Network
- Super Lawyers
- Team Dave Logan
- Trial Lawyers College - Ranch Club
- American Chemical Society
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College - F-Warrior - Lifetime Member
- NORML - Life Member
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Skills University - Faculty Member
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Forensic Alcohol Training and Consulting - Intoxilyzer 9000 Operator Training
- Joshua Karton - From Presentation Into Persuasion
- MacCarthy Cross Exam Seminar II - Cross Examination & Impeachment
- ACS Forensic Chromatography III - Forensic Chromatography
- National College for DUI Defense - Summer Session - DUI Defense Training
- The McShane Law Firm - The Scientific Truth About HS-GC-FID
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
- Platt & Associates - NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Tests Instructor Course
- Platt & Associates - NHTSA/IACP Drug Recognition Expert Overview Course
- Platt & Associates - NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Tests Practitioner Course
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association & The National College for DUI Defense - Mastering Scientific Evidence in DWI/DUI Cases
- Industrial Training & Design Ltd. - Intoxilyzer 5000EN Operator Training
- Western Trial Advocacy Institute - Effective Communication and Trial Skills Training
- Mountain States Accident Reconstruction & Investigations, LLC. - NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Test Practitioner Training
- Martindale-Hubbell® - AV Preeminent Rating - The Highest Possible Rating
- Super Lawyers -– 2014 & 2015
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star - 2011 & 2012
- Gold Star Award - Better Business Bureau
- Golden Heart Award - Valley Hope Association