The Orr Law Firm Scholarship Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
At The Orr Law Firm, we are offering the opportunity to win a $1,000 scholarship to put towards the winner’s law school expenses.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Orr Law Firm Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old at time of entry (each individually an “Entrant”, and collectively “Entrants”). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decision of The Orr Law Firm, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and judging of entries and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest.
2. TIMING: The Contest begins on November 1, 2018 and ends on August 15, 2019 at 11:59pm EST (the “Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants can enter the Contest by emailing an essay answering the question "Do you think standardized field sobriety is a good indication of someone being impaired? Why or why not?" to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the Entrant’s name, law school at which they are enrolled full time or preparing to enroll, which together will constitute a Contest entry (an “Entry”). The Orr Law Firm must receive your Entry by August 15, 2019 at 11:59pm EST. By submitting an Entry, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY DECISION OF SPONSOR. You may not use multiple email accounts to participate in the Contest. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Limit one (1) Entry per person. If more than one (1) Entry per person is received or if any person attempts to submit more than one (1) Entry by using the same, multiple or different names or email addresses, such Entries may be deemed void and such Entrant may be disqualified from the Contest.
4. JUDGING: The winning Entry will be selected by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, based on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”): content, style, creativity and persuasiveness. Sponsor will select the winning essay and announce it on OrrLaw.com on August 30, 2019. Final determination of the winning Entry is at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Contest (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Contest) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants, transfers and conveys to Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an Entry, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Contest, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity, including, without limitation, the right to use the Entry, in whole or in part, for any and all purposes and in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry. Winner may be required to document eligibility.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry submitted must be Entrant’s own original work and must not contain work not created by Entrant. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on its website or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Contest.
7. PRIZE: Sponsor will choose one essay as the winner and will give the Entrant with the winning essay a $1,000 scholarship to put toward an accredited law school program (the “Prize”). The check for $1,000 will be sent to the winner’s law school’s financial aid office by September 30, 2019. Taxes on the Prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the Entrant receiving the Prize. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if the Prize is undeliverable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
8. WINNER SELECTION: One Entrant will be selected by Sponsor according to the Judging Criteria. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as define by these rules. Sponsor will notify the winning Entrant via email or phone. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification within 72 hours from the time of the Sponsor’s prize notification message or such prize will be forfeited. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification within the specified time or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen by Sponsor based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email or phone and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification within 72 hours from the time of the Sponsor’s prize notification. Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, Entry, photo, school and prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. The winning Entrant will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (the “Affidavit”) within 24 hours of notification in order to receive the Prize (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign any, publicity release). Some restrictions apply. All taxes or expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner as well as all costs incurred in entering into the Contest or using or enjoying the Prize, such as any administrative costs, insurances and spending money are (unless specifically stated otherwise). No substitutions or cash equivalent of the Prize will be permitted. The Prize is non-transferable.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Contest; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
10. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of the Prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Contest or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Contest.
11. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Contest, Entrants release Sponsor and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance or use of the Prize or participation in any Contest-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should viruses, bugs, human error, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper functioning of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Contest as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all eligible Entries received up to time of such action either by using the Judging Criteria or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other Entrant.
14. WINNER LIST: To obtain winner information by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to The Orr Law Firm Attn: The Orr Law Firm, 720 S Colorado Blvd., Suite 1110-N, Denver, CO 80246. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after the Prize is awarded. Requests for the winner information must be received by September 30, 2019.
The Orr Law Firm, LLC
720 S Colorado Blvd, Suite 1110-N
Denver, CO 80246
“Rhidian and his team saved my career and helped me tremendously during a dismal time.”- Google Reviewer; DUI CHARGE
“The attorneys at The Orr Law Firm had my best interest in mind and walked me through the entire process.”- Google Reviewer; DUI CHARGE
“Not only did they fight to keep my driver's license, but they also got me a really good outcome on the criminal case as well.”- Google Reviewer; JEFFERSON COUNTY DUI
Offer Free Consultations and Payment Plans
Proven Record of Dismissals, Reductions, and Acquittals
Highly-Qualified Defenders Who Know How to Fight for Results
Award-Winning Advocacy from Top Trial Lawyers in the Nation