10 Things You Need To Know After a Colorado DUI
Were You Pulled Over for a DUI in Denver? Learn What You Need to Know.
- Keep the following in mind after your DUI arrest:
- Don't drink and drive. If you don't consume alcohol or drugs before
attempting to drive a vehicle, you won't have to worry about getting a DUI.
- In many cases (breath and refusal cases) you only have seven (7) calendar
days to respond in order to protect your driving privileges.
- Always be courteous to the officers. Being rude or belligerent will not
help you in any way.
- You do not have to help the officers make a case against you. Anything
you say or do will be used against you. Exercise your right to remain silent!
Field sobriety tests are voluntary. You do not have to do these!
You have the choice of a
breath test, or a
do not have the right to speak to an attorney before choosing a chemical test
- Blood tests can be re-tested. Breath tests cannot.
- Refusing to take a test carries a mandatory minimum one year revocation
of your driving privileges.
- Roadside breath tests (PBTs) are voluntary! They cannot be used to prove
guilt or innocence in court, but will be used as evidence to support an arrest.
Denver DUI attorneys at The Orr Law Firm can help you after you've been pulled over. Let
us fight for your rights. Call (720) 619-2676 to schedule your
free phone consultation.