Associate Denver DUI Attorney
Richard "Rick" Hernandez was born and raised in New York City before joining the United States Air Force as a Security Specialist in 1981. The United States Air Force assigned Rick to work in Colorado in 1983. After serving our country for 4 years, Rick decided to make Colorado his home and began working for United States defense contractor, Martin Marietta, which later became Lockheed Martin Aerospace.
At Lockheed Martin, Rick worked as a certified Protection Officer, Colorado State certified firefighter, Emergency Medical Responder, and Local Union President. While employed by Lockheed Martin, Rick attended & graduated from the University of Phoenix, with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
After passing the Colorado State Bar exam, Rick worked for the Colorado State Public Defender's Office. It was there that Rick acquired a passion for defending the rights of the accused in the legal arena. Rick's background and life experiences have given him the opportunity to experience real life lessons that allow him to sincerely empathize, sympathize & zealously advocate for our clients.
Rick's strengths completely align with The Orr Law Firm's commitment to providing outstanding legal representation to each and every client. Call our Denver DUI attorneys at (720) 619-2676 for a free phone consultation now.
Areas of Practice:
- Vehicular Assault
- Vehicular Homicide
- Careless Driving Causing BI/Death
- Criminal Traffic Offenses
- Habitual Traffic Offender Cases
- DMV Administrative Hearings
- Minor in Possession/Consumption
- Texting while Driving
- Juvenile Law Expert
- Felony & Misdemeanor Criminal Offenses
- Colorado, 1999
- University of Denver College of Law; Denver, CO 1998 J.D.
- University of Phoenix; 1994 B.S.B.A.
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association - Founding Member
- National College for DUI Defense
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- Colorado Bar Association
- Adams/Broomfield County Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association
- National Juvenile Defender's Center
- Colorado Juvenile Defenders Coalition
- Better Business Bureau
- Tom Martino's Troubleshooter Network
- Team Dave Logan
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Forensic Alcohol Training and Consulting - Intoxilyzer 9000 Operator Training
- Joshua Karton - From Presentation Into Persuasion
- Platt & Associates - NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Tests Practitioner Course
- Platt & Associates - NHTSA/IACP Drug Recognition Expert Overview Course
- DUI Blood Testing: Understanding and Litigating Gas Chromatography Cases
- Platt & Associates - NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Tests Instructor Course